Our Learning 2018-2019
Our Actions Blog and Our Evidence Blog will share what we have covered in the past year with our focus on building community. We will be shifting our question this year. We will continue to use the 3 guiding questions as listed below.
What will we focus on in our professional learning to support our students' learning?
- Staff will be more explicit in their daily interactions with students, helping them to see themselves as learners.
- Increase opportunities for mentorship/connection amongst staff and students and students and students
- Continue to work with the Area Counselling Team (ACT) to implement our CARES matrix
- Use of e-portfolios to help students monitor their learning and strengthen the home-school connection
Our Evidence for 2017-2018
We will interview students over the next year continuing with the 4 key questions:
- Can you name two adults in this setting who believe you will be a success in life?
- What are you learning and why is it important?
- How are you doing with your learning?
- What are your next steps?
How are we going to gather evidence of student learning related to our focus?
- We will look for more evidence of growth mindset from our students in their interactions with peers, especially around solving problems in peaceful ways.
- Looking for patterns in the responses that students give to the 4 questions—particularly question #1.
How will we know we have made a difference?
- The majority of our students will be able to name 2 adults in the building who know they will be a success.
- Students will name more than one area of learning, will be able to describe in more detail what they are learning and why. As well, students will be able to determine ‘next steps’ for their learning.