The staff and parents at our school believe that an effective school is one in which parents and the community support the school, participate in school activities, and actively participate in children's learning by sharing skills and talents. To this end we encourage and value the contributions of parents to the educational life of the students. Assistance is needed in a number of areas, such as:
- in the library
- assisting in the intermediate and primary classrooms (reading to children, listening to children read, making learning resources)
- driving for field trips
- helping with Food Days
- acting as a translator
- helping with special events (Sports Day, Family Fun Night)
- helping with school fund-raising activities
- operating the Safe Arrival program
- involvement with Parent Advisory Council
Please check our Volunteer Signup page for ways to get involved.
Parent participation at our school is needed and greatly appreciated.