Who We Are
As a parent/guardian of a child attending Jessie Wowk School, you are automatically a member of the school's Parent Advisory Council. Following is a list the Executive Members for the 2019/2020 school year. Each of the Executive Members have assigned roles and responsibilities and may head up committees and/or special projects throughout the year. We welcome every parent to join us on PAC. Please contact Mrs. Rooney Principal, at the school for more information.
Chair: Alaric Wang
Treasurer: Jon Lau
Secretary: Annie Fang
Members at Large: Lerissa Tan and Rose Requieron
Past Chairperson: Lisa Cheung and Bonnie Wong
Food Day Coordinators: Jessica Kuo, Ashley Wong
Fundraising Coordinator: Corrina Zhang
Fruit and Vegetable Coordinators: Eva Jung, Charmaine So, Corrina Zhang
Special Events / Community Coordinator: Ashley Wong
Graduation Committee: Laura Chan, Connie Chan
Web Team: Yvonne and Steve Chan
Chairperson - convene and preside at membership, special and executive meetings; prepare and present meeting agenda; act as official spokesperson for the organization; and act as a signing officer for the PAC.
Co-Chair or Vice Chair- assume the responsibilities of the Chairperson in the Chairperson's absence or upon request; assist the Chairperson in the performance of his/her duties; act as a signing officer; and accept extra duties as required.
Secretary- record the minutes of all general, special, and executive meetings; keep an accurate and up-to-date copy of the Constitution and Bylaws and have copies available for members upon request; and issue and receive correspondence/minutes on behalf of the organization.
Treasurer- one of the signing officers of the PAC; receive all funds for the PAC; disburse funds authorized by the executive or members; maintain an accurate record of all expenditures of the Council; give a report of all receipts and expenditures at the general meetings; deposit all funds collected on behalf of the PAC in an account at a recognized financial institution; assist with any financial audits and ensure that the accounting procedures as laid out by the School District's PAC Treasurers’ workshop are followed.
School Planning Council Representative - three parents form an advisory body whose major responsibility is to consult with the school community in developing, monitoring, and reviewing school plans for improving student achievement. The SPC meets after school 1 to 2 hours, approximately 4-5 times per year.
- The staff and parents at our school believe that an effective school is one in which parents and the community support the school, participate in school activities, and actively participate in children's learning by sharing skills and talents. To this end we encourage and value the contributions of parents to the educational life of the students. Assistance is needed in a number of areas, such as:
- in the library
- assisting in the intermediate and primary classrooms (reading to children, listening to children read, making learning resources)
- driving for field trips
- helping with Food Days
- acting as a translator
- helping with special events (Sports Day, Family Fun Night)
- helping with school fund-raising activities
- operating the Safe Arrival program
- involvement with Parent Advisory Council
Please check our Volunteer Signup page for ways to get involved.
Parent participation at our school is needed and greatly appreciated.