Tuesday November 21st, 2017
Alaric Wang, Bonnie Wong, Sylvia, Laura, Christina, Winnie
Meeting began at 9:00am
Welcome and Introductions:
Alaric welcomed everyone to the meeting and a sign-up sheet was passed around at the same time.
Approval of Meeting Minutes (October 2017): all in favor, approved
Approval of Today’s Meeting Agenda: all in favor, approved
Math Club (by Mr. Angman) Presentation:
- Opportunity for Gr.4 – Gr.7 to take part in National Exam
- Last year only Gr.6 & Gr.7, this year we welcome Gr.4 & Gr.5 to participate
- Math Club will be held every 2nd Monday during lunch time
- The cost of to fund this year’s participants will be $448
- Exam will be on April 18
- Deadline for application December 21
- In previous years, the cost was paid by the school. This year, PAC will support the program by funding $224 or half of the cost.
Administrative Report (Ms. Rooney):
- Outdoor classroom: Grant already applied through…
- Green team is working on a Save Energy Campaign organized by Mr. Gustafson
- Ms. Rooney is carrying out Social Responsibility Plan which was introduced in the curriculum
- FSA : Exams are done and marked, result will be handed out by Winter Break
- Lego club: Lego donations from PAC Lego drive and ToysrUs is enough to start the club. Student creations will be displayed throughout the year!
- Three new trees have already been planted near the picnic tables, New mulch has been added to the swing area to even out the play surface.
On Going Events:
- Cheesecake & Cookie Dough fundraising
- Gift Card Fundraising
- Winter Celebration – Volunteer Sign Up sheet has been put up on PAC board.
- Spirit Wear
- Food/Veg/Milk Program: Jenny and Alaric have obtained their Food safe license. Jenny will be helping Sylvia on Veg/Milk day.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:28 am with Alaric making the motion. Bonnie second. All in favor.
The next PAC meeting (AGM) will take place at 9:00 am, Tuesday, January 16 , 2018.