Tuesday October 24th, 2017
Lisa Cheung, Alaric Wang, Bonnie Wong, Annie, A.J., Vivian, Laura, Christina, Summer, Effie, Sylvia, Jenny, Winnie, Joanne Rooney
Meeting began at 9:00am
Welcome and Introductions:
Lisa welcomed everyone to the meeting and a sign-up sheet was passed around at the same time.
Approval of Meeting Minutes (September 2017): all in favor, approved
Approval of Today’s Meeting Agenda: all in favor, approved
Cobs Bread Presentation:
- Fundraising opportunities
- When customers mention “Jessie Wowk” as they are making a purchase at Cobs Bread, a proceed will be given to our school PAC.
- A cheque for the amount of $30.70 was given to PAC for the accumulated proceeds from last year.
Administrative Report (Ms. Rooney):
- Cross Country: 25 students from grade 1 – 7 took part in a cross country fun run against other schools on Wed, Oct. 25th
- Me to We Club: ongoing
- Nov. 3rd, Axe Capeoira will come to the school to teach students Brazilian Dance and Martial arts
- Students are in their Family Teams: Red1/Red2, Green1/Green2, and Blue1/Blue2
- Pumpkin Carving and Display: A big thank you to all parent helpers for making this event so successful
- School Behavior Matrix:
- CARES (Caring, Accountability, Respect, Encouraging, Safe)
- Mr. Angman will coach Volleyball Co-ed Team
- LEGO Club: Ms. Froh and Ms. Tenpow requested PAC to fund a LEGO Club for students to use during lunch hour
- Mr. Gustafson will take the lead in this project
- He will draw up a desgin for the space with input from students and teachers.
- Initial estimate from Victory Gardens for a full service planting, maintenace, course development and tools for 10 divisions is $9795.
- This estimate is for reference only as many of these services can be done through student and teacher participation.
As of September 30, 2017
- General account balance is 16850
- Gaming account balance is 1630
- Gaming grant application was approved and an additional 4500 has been deposited to the Gaming account.
- Clothing Drive
- Hip Hop lessons sponsored by PAC
- Cookie Dough and Cheese Cake fundraiser
- Gift Card fundraiser
The meeting was adjourned at 10:30 am with Lisa making the motion. Alaric second. All in favor.
The next PAC meeting (AGM) will take place at 9:00 am, Tuesday, November 21 , 2017.